What Flood Insurance Covers

If you live in a flood-prone area like San Antonio, TX, you should consider purchasing a flood insurance policy if you haven’t already.

Like most homeowners purchasing flood insurance for the first time, you’ll want to know what your flood insurance covers.

Luckily, you’ll find an experienced Leapfrog Insurance agent in San Antonio, TX, who will explain in depth what flood insurance policies cover.

Generally, flood insurance protects your home and the contents in your home.  

Coverage for Your Building Property

The coverage for your home includes the building structure and foundation of your house, central air conditioning and heating system, electrical and plumbing systems, detached garage, and water heaters. Other in-built installations such as cabinets and bookcases, permanent carpeting, and kitchen appliances are also covered.

Coverage for Personal Belongings

For the property in your home, your flood insurance policy will cover your furniture, electronics, portable appliances, clothing, detachable carpeting, freezers, and other valuable items like paintings.  

Note That

Coverage varies depending on your needs and your flood insurance company. You can purchase your policy from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or a private insurance company.

The NFIP usually has a maximum coverage limit for your building structure and personal property policies. Private insurance companies will offer you more inclusive policies with higher limits.

Let Leapfrog Insurance Agents Do the Legwork

Not every flood insurance policy out there is the best fit for your needs. The variance in policies means that you need to do extensive homework before you purchase one. Good thing you don’t have to do this alone because a Leapfrog Insurance agent in San Antonio, TX, will be at your service.

Call us today and let us help you purchase the most suitable flood insurance policy for your home and personal property.