Required Commercial Insurance in Texas

Owning a Texas business comes with a lot of different responsibilities. You have to take care of so many things that you may have put off getting the commercial insurance you need to protect your business. There are many types of policies that you should have to protect yourself financially, and there is one type of commercial coverage that might be required for your business to have. You need to be familiar with this type of insurance and whether you need it to operate legally. Call us at LeapFrog Insurance in San Antonio, TX when you need commercial coverage for your business.

Commercial Auto Coverage

When your business owns a vehicle, you must have a commercial auto policy. This goes for every car that your company owns. This policy must have an amount of property damage liability coverage and bodily injury liability coverage. Having these in place will keep you legal, but it may not be enough to pay for a severe accident. It’s often recommended that you add to these types of coverage and get other types, such as collision coverage. This covers the damage to your business vehicle. If you have a vehicle that your company doesn’t own but is often used for work, a personal policy may not pay out after an accident. You may need a policy called hired and non-owned coverage covering that vehicle. This type isn’t required by law, but it’s often needed. 

Workers’ Compensation

Texas is one of the few places where workers’ compensation insurance isn’t required if you have employees at your business. However, it’s highly recommended that all companies with employees have this insurance. It pays for the medical bills of those employees who get injured while working. 

Get Commercial Coverage

Call us at LeapFrog Insurance in San Antonio, TX to get started.